Crispy Skin Salmon on Mango-Avocado Salsa
A delicious dish that can be enjoyed hot or cold. Perfect for long summer days or BBQ's. This is a great meal that can become lunch for the next day in the office.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large wild caught salmon fillet
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Avocado peeled, seeded and sliced into medium size cubes
- 3 peppers, seeded, diced and sliced
- 2 small lime
- 3 tbsp sweet papaya or mango
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, paprika powder, onion powder, black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix sea salt, coriander, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper. Rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and seasoning mix, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime prepare your salsa.
- Combine onion, peppers, mango, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro in a large bowl and mix well, season to your liking. Once done add the avocado. Tip: don't stir to much to make sure your avocado doesn't become mashed. The salsa is much more appealing when you can actually still see the avocado cubes.
- Chill until needed.
- Pre-heat the grill (you can use your oven, outdoor BBQ, George Foreman Grill, or simply a pan) to grill the salmon to desired doneness.
- Tip: place the salmon on the skin first and allow it to get crispy. Depending on the heat but this should take no more than 5mins. Once skin is crispy, turn salmon around and allow to cook the other side.
Stephanie Pech http://stephaniepech.com/